THE STYLE: This elegant one layer traditional bridal veil has a raw edge and can be made in any length (see dropdown options). The Ballet, Chapel, Cathedral and Regal length veils are designed from 90 inch wide Bridal Illusion tulle. All others are 72" wide.
LENGTH: The pictured veil is a waltz length.
LENGTH CHART (from comb placement to bottom of veil):
Shoulder: 22 Inches Long and 72" Wide
Elbow: 25 Inches Long and 72" Wide
Waist: 30 Inches Long and 72" Wide
Hip: 36 Inches Long and 72" Wide
Fingertip: 45 Inches Long and 72" Wide
Waltz: 54 Inches Long and 72" Wide
Ballet: 70 Inches Long and 90" Wide
Chapel: 88 Inches Long and 90" Wide
Cathedral: 105 Inches Long and 90" Wide
Regal: 120 Inches Long and 90" Wide
ILLUSION TULLE: We always use good quality soft bridal illusion tulle to design our veils. Bridal illusion tulle is a lightweight tulle with fine, diamond-shaped holes. It is a light material and drapes well while still holding its shape. It is widely used in bridal veils and is nylon which holds up well in damp weather.
ATTACHMENT: The 3 1/2 " metal comb is wrapped with matching tulle. The veil is then hand sewn to the tulle (no glue is used).
IN YOUR ORDER: A care instruction card is included in your order detailing how to remove wrinkles, etc. Each order also includes a small gift to show our appreciation for your order.
PACKAGING: Each veil is pressed and checked before mailing. It is loosely rolled around plastic pillows to reduce or eliminate wrinkling, and then professionally packaged in a designer box with decorative embellishment. That box is then placed in a shipping box. (See last picture).
SHIPPING AND DELIVERY: We strive to complete your veil and mail it within 5 days of receipt of your order. Delivery usually takes 2-5 days in the continental US.
COLOR: Please order a color swatch card if you have any concerns about the color of your dress and whether the veil you purchase will match it. Since we make each veil to order, we cannot accept returns or exchanges. You will receive a coupon code for the cost of the swatches to use should you decide to purchase. Click on this link to purchase a color swatch:
Our standard color swatch card comes with white, diamond white and ivory samples. If you would like other colors, please put the three colors you would like to see in the comment section of your order.
All of our veils are handmade to order in our smoke free studio.
Please check our shop policies and shipping information.
Convo us if you have any questions that aren't answered here.
We'd love to help you choose your veil.
Thank you for visiting our Etsy store!
We strive to ship all items within 10 business days of receiving payment. If it will take longer than that, you will be notified. If the item is returned due to an incorrect address provided by buyer, we will need to charge a shipping fee in order to re-mail the package. Please note that we do not refund the item cost if the delay due to buyer's error should cause the product to arrive late for your event. Please double check your shipping address. Standard shipping does not include insurance. Should you want your package insured, there will be an additional cost.
Packages are normally received by you within 3-7 days of shipping in the USA. For international orders, please allow 30 days from the day of shipping. Please note that we can only provide ESTIMATED delivery dates, as provided by USPS, and cannot guarantee delivery on USPS estimated date. We assume no liability for delivered shipments, weather delays, custom delays and any other delivery issues once the package has left our studio and has been accepted by the mailing authority.
CUSTOMS FEES, TARIFFS, and any other government fees are the buyer's responsibility to pay. Please check with your countries policies in regards to taxes/duties. UK residents will incur a delivery tariff/tax before delivery. Please be aware of this before purchasing.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Returns and exchanges are not accepted due to the fact that we create each item to order. Please choose your product carefully. Read the description provided. Order a sample card if you are concerned about the color matching your dress. If the item is damaged in transit, please convo us. Convo us if you have questions. We are always happy to answer them. Sorry but there is no option for trying it out prior to purchase.
To our EU brides, should you want to return your item please contact us within 14 days of receipt via Etsy Convo or by emailing us at email@example.com and return the item to us within 30 days in order to qualify for a refund.
First Look Veils is based in the United States and has been selling veils and bridal accessories on Etsy since 2014. We sell mainly to buyers in the United States, but offer our items for sale world-wide.
1. Personal information we collect:
• To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to us), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact us directly.
2. The legal bases we rely on to collect, use, and share personal information
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time.
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
• as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as
3. The third parties with whom we share personal information
• Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
4. The length of time we keep personal information
5. If transferring personal information outside of Europe, how the transfer will be handled
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
6. Our buyers’ rights regarding our use of their personal information and our contact details
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, we, Connie Carlson and Julie Largent, are the data controllers of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at designers [!at] FirstLookVeils.com. Alternately, you may mail us at:
First Look Veils, 317 N Ward St., Geneseo, IL 61254.